last updated on 24.05.2020
We have taken measures to protect our guests, our employees and ourselves.
All of our employees and their families are doing well and are currently on short-time work.
Due to the regulation of the Austrian federal government from April 2nd, 2020
we are not allowed from April 4 to May 29 2020, to accommodate guests for tourist purposes.
We are happy to inform you that our hotel will be open to all guest again from June 9, 2020.
Until then we, Barbara and Christian Sobotka, can be reached at any time via email info(at)hotel-praterstern.at, we work from the home office and are happy to answer any questions you may have.
For stays booked through online travel agencies or other external travel agencies, please contact your booking provider directly, since in most cases we have no way of influencing the reservation dates.
We would be delighted to welcome you back to our house from June 9, 2020.
5 rules that we should all always follow
- Keep at least 1 meter away from others
- Do not shake hands
- Wear mouth and nose protection
- Wash hands several times a day
- Sneez or cough in the armcrook or in a handkerchief
Our personal protective measures for your safe and relaxing stay
We, Sobotka family and our team, have already adapt our internal hygiene and preventive measures to the situation so that you and our employees are optimally protected and can enjoy a nice and relaxing stay in our hotel.
- TV remote control is available on arrival, disinfected and welded - we ask you to return it to the reception upon departure.
- Additional pillows, cuddly blankets and cuddly pillows are only available on request.
- Unfortunately, we want to and have to do without difficult to clean decoration in this challenging time.
- Our reception staff will be happy to inform you personally about everything related to our hotel and tips for trips. There is currently no guest folder in the room, but we can also give you a freshly disinfected folder at the reception. We kindly ask you to hand it in again on departure.
- There is a disinfection dispenser on each floor next to the elevator, we ask you to use it. - This is how you protect us and yourself.
- Our housekeeping makes every effort to clean your room with the greatest care. Sockets, light switches, door buckles and storage areas are disinfected daily.
- We ask you to store your personal belongings in the wardrobe as far as possible so that you can make it easier for our housekeeping to clean the rooms carefully. Thank you very much!
- At breakfast, your table will be disinfected, set and prepared for you personally. Unfortunately there is no buffet at the moment, you are welcome to choose according to your personal wishes the day before. Your table will then be ready for you in the morning at your chosen time for 45 minutes. Our staff will accompany you there and assign you your table. We look forward to fulfilling your wishes personally!
general rules of conduct for gastronomy, lodging and leisure activities
The following rules of conduct for personal protection have been published by the Austrian Federal Government.
- Keep at least 1 meter away from other people except people from the same household or fellow travelers in the same apartment.
When exercising, the distance must be at least 2 meters.
- In restaurants and cafes, a maximum of 4 adults + the associated children can be placed at one table.
- Mouth and nose protection must be worn in closed rooms. This does not apply to children up to the age of 6 or to people who cannot be expected to do so for health reasons.
Exception gastronomy: A mouth-nose protection must be worn when entering the table for the first time.
Exception lodging: Mouth and nose protection must be worn in the entrance and reception area.
- Reserve in advance if possible.
Avoid traffic jams at entrances and exits, reception and checkout areas if possible.
- Follow the instructions of the employees.
- Avoid shaking hands and hugs.
- Wash hands several times a day with soap and water for at least 30 seconds.
- Avoid touching the face with uncleaned hands.
- Sneeze or cough in the crook of the arm or in a handkerchief.
- Stay at home with signs of illness and do not travel. If there are signs during the stay, contact the host.
With your care you protect yourself as well as other guests and your hosts!
Current information on the situation in Vienna
Since April 13, 2020, all public transport, including taxis and driver service providers, as well as all shops have been required to wear a mask.
The exit restrictions will be lifted on May 1, 2020. The public must continue to adhere to the minimum distance of one meter from people with whom one does not live in the same household.
From May 15th 2020 the catering businesses may open again under the following conditions:
-) You can unlock between 06:00 and 23:00.
-) A maximum of four adults and their children can be placed at one table.
-) A distance of one meter must be ensured between the tables, the one-meter distance does not have to exist between the people at a table.
-) Mouth-nose protection is mandatory for employees in contact with guests, but not for personnel in other areas or guests.
-) Tables must be reserved in advance, the guests are placed by the service staff.
-) The bar operation at the counter remains prohibited.
Leisure facilities such as zoos, sights and swimming pools are also allowed to open on May 29, provided that a minimum distance of one meter can be maintained. Outdoor zoos can be visited again from May 15th.
You can find information about the current situation in Vienna here.