Vienna for the whole family
Vienna is always worth a trip - even the smallest guests will get their money's worth!
If you would like to discover Austria's capital together with your children, then Hotel Praterstern is the ideal starting point.
Our house is less than 500 meters from the famous Wiener Wurstelprater.
Numerous rides and restaurants are waiting for young and old.
You are also in less than 30 minutes on foot in Vienna's city center, where the famous sights such as St. Stephen's Cathedral and the Hofburg await you.
The House of Music, the Children's Museum Zoom, the House of the Sea and Vienna Time Travel are particularly recommended for children.
The Schönnbrunn Zoo is one of the oldest zoos in the world. Here you can spend wonderful hours with the whole family. Nearby is the Technical Museum, which always offers interesting exhibitions for young and old.
If you have had enough of sightseeing, you can relax on the Danube Island or the old Danube with an electric boat ride or a dip in the cold.
Vienna is also worth a visit in summer!
child-friendly sightseeing tips
- View from the Danube Tower
- Bogi Park „Austrias biggest Indoor Playground“
- Boating on the Old Danube
- House of music
- Aqua Terra Zoo
- Childrens museum Zoom
- Lainzer Zoo
- Swimming in the Danube
- Technical museum
- Zoo and Palace Schönbrunn
- Time Travel Vienna
- Urania puppet theatre
- Vienna Ring Tram
- Climbing Area Kahlenberg
- Wiener Prater
Take a ride with the Giant Ferris Wheel or the „Liliputbahn“
There are many reasons to come to Vienna now
You are probably wondering why you should come to our capital, Vienna, in this difficult time. It is quite simple, right now you have the opportunity to get to know Vienna carefree and genuinely - without mass tourism - without long queues in the museums and sights - without jostling in the Schönbrunn Zoo - enjoy special exhibitions, stroll through our pedestrian zones, e.g. Kärntner Straße and visit St. Stephen's Cathedral with the Pummerin.
According to the motto "a real Viennese doesn't let him/herself go down", we continue and put together many good reasons why you should discover our beautiful green city now without great hustle.
Why stay at the Hotel Praterstern?
- We are a family business and take a lot of time for each guest.
- Almost all sights can be reached by foot or by bike. There is no need for public transport.
- We have a beautiful garden. So you don't have to go out to be in the green.
- Our house has relatively few beds, but offers plenty of space for everyone. So there is never a gathering of people.
- We would be happy to advise you individually, also with regard to the current Corona measures.
- Our rooms were freshly renovated shortly before the crisis began.
- Because we run our hotel with love, passion and commitment.